Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Review 'Semi-Pro'

A long awaited movie has finally been released here in Sweden: "Semi-Pro". I think, it will probably take a while till the movie can be seen in a German movie theater or maybe never ever.... well, lucky me, I'm here and we were backed up hard with a huge pot of popcorn and some super-sized drinks. Me and my friend Patrick have taken our seats in the last row, which have been such kind of "couple seats" for two persons. You know, those with no arm-rest between. I don't know why we got those, but the couple next to me knew why. They were making out the entire movie. Get a room! What a waste of time. Well, back to the movie....
... the movie was better than it was expected to be from the trailers. The movie is about the merger of the basketball association of the ABA and NBA in the 70s. The 'Tropics' of Flint, Michigan have to improve their game otherwise they won't go to the NBA. Well, take a look at the trailer:

Will Ferell a.k.a Jackie Moon is hilarious as player-coach and the story is full of funny characters, such as the commentator Dick Pepper, referee and pastor "Pat the Ref " or the Lituanian Center Vakidis, who does not speak a word of English at all. Great one! Watch it!

Song for this post:
Jackie Moon - Love me sexy

No comments: