Monday, April 07, 2008

Departure & arrival

That's a post which was supposed to be here at this place already more than a week ago!

Now, I’m sitting here and waiting for my flight to Stockholm. Three months again away from home. Let’s see what the time will bring. Definitely it’s the best thing to do at the moment ...
The last days were pretty though. I had to clear my rooms in our flat. Everything have to be taken out, except of the furnitures. To take of every piece of your stuff in your hands in order to put it in a box or a bag, makes you really emotional. Every piece tells a story and the more you put away the emptier your life becomes. Sitting finally in almost empty rooms and packing all your important belongings for the next months in your luggage is pretty weird. No wonder that I had to declare excess package and to pay 20 Euro extra for it. Well, I don’t care right now, because sitting here, already checked in and looking out to the field where airplanes taking off, it puts a smile back on my face. Can’t wait!

I want to talk shortly about restrictions when it comes to accessing the airport and the flight gates. There are these limitations
on liquids that you are only allowed to take a certain amount of liquids with you in your hand luggage. In addition to this, everything has to be put together in a transparent plastic bag. They came up with this shit because there was one terrorist attack by putting liquids together and creating a lethal danger for the passenger. Well, I don’t know if they could have a better solution for the restriction, but you have no chance than to follow the rules. You have no opportunity about it and the simply the best thing is that you are taking nothing with you. What I don’t understand are people who going through the security check and wondering why all their stuff such as shaving foam, perfumes, drinks and so on will be taken away. The guy entering the security check before me was such kinda guy. Such a lot of stuff ended up in the garbage cane. Congratulations. Don’t you get it!
On the other hand, no one at the airport have checked my ID. Neither the girl at check in, nor the person at the gate. There is an error in the system. No doubt about it!

Good:
- Munich Airport Terminal 2: Free coffee everywhere
- Cro-Mags

Bad:
- Excess package

No comments: