Monday, November 24, 2008

Brisbane

Actually, I have thought that I would stay in Brisbane for just one night. Now, I've already been here for more than two weeks. Despite people were not telling me the best things about the town beforehand, I like it a lot. The climate is nice, except of some extremely humid days followed by some incredible thunderstorms, and it has a bunch of cultural offers. I have done a lot of sightseeing and sport (climbing most of all). There is a cool natural climbing wall at the rivershore of the Brisbane river that has an awesome atmosphere all day long. It's easy accessible and, best of all, for free. There is nothing more than I could wish for. In addition to this, there is a nice artificial beach, but you gotta go there during the week. On the weekend it's way too crowded.
I also worked for some days at a construction site setting up some tents with a bunch of guys for the Cirque du Soleil, a french-canadian circus. Tough work, but at least some money.
Nevertheless, I will head tomorrow further up north to Rainbow Beach and Fraser Island. Probably I will not go more north than that, but will go back south and to Sydney in about two weeks.

1 comment:

Atzec said...

prost neujahr! wie is es, wenn man sich an silvester nicht den hintern abfriert?